LANHAM, Md., Aug. 13, 2018 /PRNewswire/ -- 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU) today announced that it has slotted all 16 of its targeted Domestic Graduate Programs (DGPs) for 2019. With the announcement of Engineering@Vanderbilt earlier today, 2U has met its 2019 launch target nearly five months prior to year-end. To date, 2U has announced 64 graduate programs in 24 verticals and 15 multiple program verticals. The company has partnered with 34 universities across its portfolio of graduate programs and short courses.
"We are incredibly pleased to achieve this milestone because these 16 new online graduate programs represent a significant step towards 2U's long-term target of 250 DGPs," said 2U Co-Founder and CEO Christopher "Chip" Paucek. "Our pipeline is stronger than it has ever been, and we are deep in the process of signing programs for 2020."
The 2019 launch cohort (listed in chronological order of when each program was announced):
- MBA@UCDavis: a Master of Business Administration
- Morgridge College of Education Online (University of Denver): a Master of Arts in School Counseling and a Master of Library and Information Science
- MBA@UCL (University College London): a Master of Business Administration
- MSW@Baylor: a Master of Social Work
- MPH@Baylor: a Master of Public Health with a specialization in community health
- USC Price Online: a Master of Urban Planning, a Master of Public Policy, and a Master of Public Administration
- GlobalBusiness@Tufts: a Master of Global Business Administration
- Education@Tufts: a suite of master's in education degrees
- Law@Dayton: a Juris Doctor
- Business@Pepperdine: a suite of master's degrees in business and management, including a Master of Business Administration
- Law@American: a Master of Legal Studies
- Speech@Baylor: a Master of Science in Communication Sciences and Disorders
- DataScience@Denver: a Master of Science in Data Science
- Law@Fordham: a Master of Studies in Law in Compliance
- Business@Fordham: a suite of specialized master's degree programs in business and management
- Engineering@Vanderbilt: a Master of Science in Computer Science and a Master of Engineering in Engineering Management
About 2U, Inc. (Nasdaq: TWOU)
2U partners with great colleges and universities to build what we believe is the world's best digital education. Our platform provides a comprehensive fusion of technology, services, and data architecture to transform high-quality and rigorous campus-based universities into the best digital versions of themselves. 2U's No Back Row® approach allows qualified students and working professionals around the world to experience a first-rate university education and successful outcomes. To learn more, visit 2U.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements regarding our future business expectations, which are subject to the safe harbor provisions of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. You can identify these forward-looking statements by the use of words such as "outlook," "believes," "expects," "potential," "continues," "may," "will," "should," "could," "seeks," "projects," "predicts," "intends," "plans," "estimates," "anticipates" or the negative version of these words or other comparable words. Such forward-looking statements are subject to various risks and uncertainties, including those more fully detailed under the heading "Risk Factors" in our Annual Report on Form 10-K for the year ended December 31, 2017, and other reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Moreover, 2U operates in a very competitive and rapidly changing environment. New risks emerge from time to time. It is not possible for 2U management to predict all risks, nor can 2U assess the impact of all factors on its business or the extent to which any factor, or combination of factors, may cause actual results to differ materially from those contained in any forward-looking statements 2U may make. In light of these risks, uncertainties and assumptions, the forward-looking events and circumstances discussed in this press release may not occur and actual results could differ materially and adversely from those anticipated.
View original content:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/2u-inc-announces-fully-slotted-2019-graduate-program-launch-cohort-300695880.html
SOURCE 2U, Inc.